Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Land Of The Danes

I strangely feel at home here. I say strangely because I don't understand the language, I've only been here for a week, and I haven't really met anyone who fits my age group. But when I'm surrounded by art, music, smiles, and seemingly endless history... how can I not feel at ease? This place is absolutely amazing. If it weren't for the ten months of winter I would consider moving here... but I've done the cold thing already and its really not for me.

I want to travel.

I was talking to my sister about how all the interesting history here seems to dwarf the U.S. but she said it only makes her appreciate how she's part of the history being made today in such a young country and how it made her appreciate where she's from that much more.

Somehow my sister always knows what to say.

Though, as much as I love where I'm from... I cant help but feel... no... I cant help but KNOW I supposed to live here in Europe for a short portion of my life. A year or two. Nothing too extensive. I'm just too hungry for more of it the longer I'm here. The stories, the art, the history... its everything I look up on the internet back home, except now I'm here standing in front of it. I'm here walking through the cathedral's I've only viewed in pixelated photos. Feeling the bricks and wood that was put here centuries ago. Hearing the song of the church bells I could have only dreamed of hearing. Sitting on a bench in a courtyard that long ago was used only for nobles and kings. It's this kind of experience I love and live for.

And I cant get enough of it.

1 comment:

Sun light. Moon bright. said...

Wow. Corey I could not share what you just said with you more. I think Brittany made a really great point and I completely agree but every time Ive been to Europe I have shared everything you said, and believe me the more you see the more you'll fall in love, you're right! It is an atmosphere filled with all the elements of life and this world that you find most interesting,and I think you will find yourself somewhere in Europe in your life :)Follow that feeling.